Dr. Christos P. Demetriou
Married. Three children
- Consultant Anaesthesiologist in the private sector
- Elected President of the Anaesthesiology Society of Cyprus (ASC), two consecutive terms
- Representing Cyprus Anaesthesiology at the Eropean Board of Anaesthesiology (EBA/UEMS)
Excellent clinical, educational, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. Focus on people l
Obstetric and Gynaecological
Orthopaedics and Trauma
Critical Care Medicine
Quality and Safety
Continuous Professional Development
Consultant Anaesthesiologist, Private sector, Nicosia, Cyprus 2006 to Present
President of the Anaesthesiology Society of Cyprus (ASC) 2015 to 2021
European Board of Anaesthesiology (EBA/UEMS) Representative 2009 to Present
Vice-President of the Anaesthesiology Society of Cyprus (ASC) 2012 to 2015
Trainee Anaesthetist, Wessex School of Anaesthesia, UK 2001 to 2006
Education & Certification
Medicine Degree, MD Athens Greece, July 1998
Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, FRCΑ UK, December 2004
- I attend local and international conference annually, and also lectures on anaesthetic topics organised frequently by the ASC.
- 'DAS guidelines: Airway management of the critically ill', Presentation at the 23rd Panhellenic Anaethesiology Conference, Patra, Greece, 16th May 2019.
- Co-organizer/Faculty member, Trainer at the workshops, Live Commentator of the On-line European Survey regarding Regional Anaesthesia Practices across Europe ‘2nd ESRA European Day of Regional Anaesthesia’, 26th Jan 2019.
- Co-organizer/Faculty member, Trainer at the workshops, Live Commentator at the DAS-approved Mediterranean Advanced Airway Management Course, Nicosia, Cyprus, in co- operationwiththe Guy’s Advanced Airway Management Course, 12th May 2018.
- ‘Learning from incidents: European experience and Initiatives promoting Quality and Safety in Anaesthesia’, Presentation and Co-Organizer/Faculty member of the 8th Pancyprian Anaesthesiology Conference, Larnaca, Cyprus, 3rd - 4th Nov 2017.
- Visiting Lecturer (SpecialTeachingStaff) in the Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Practices: Intencive and Emergency Care and Acute and Intensive Cardiology Care, Cyprus University of Technology.
- 'Sedation, Ventilation and Airway Management in ICU', 2013 to 2014.
- 'Airway Management in ICU', 2015 to 2016.
Languages: Fluent in Greek and English