The Radiology Department of the Hippocrateon Private Hospital and its team of experienced Radiologists and Radiologic technologists provide comprehensive diagnostic and advanced imaging services.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art imaging equipment including:
- X-Ray machine VSM APOLLO RF
- Mobile X-Ray machine
- Bone density scanner
- Ultrasound machine
- Computed tomography scanner PHILIPS MX16
All machines are continuously being tested by a Medical Physics & Radiation Protection Expert. This ensures consistent performance and that the dose of X-Ray radiation is kept to the minimum, following the regulations imposed by the Ministry of Health.
The Radiology Department of our hospital offers the following examinations:
- Plain X-Rays (abdominal, chest, musculoskeletal, etc)
- Digital mammography and tomography with new ultrasound digital mammography Selenia Dimensions 6000 by Hologic.
- X-Ray examinations (esophagography, barium swallow, abdominal calcification, hysterosalpingography, pyelography, etc.)
- Spinal X-Rays to assess scoliosis, kyphosis and lower extremity radiographs for length discrepancies and alignment.
- DEXA (bone density measurement).
- Panoramic X-Rays and X-Rays for diagnosis of the temporomandibular joint.
- All ultrasound examinations such as abdominal, pelvic, cervical, breast, thyroid, vascular and musculoskeletal examinations.
- Pediatric and neonatal ultrasound (hip, brain, abdominal).
- Specialised X-Ray examinations such as hysterosalpingogram, urethrogram, cystogram, etc.
- Diagnostic liver biopsy, puncture and drainage of abscess formation or any other pathology using ultrasound.
- Intra-arterial administration of steroids / hyaluronic acid, etc. using X-Ray fluoroscopy.
- All usual CT scans, as well as musculoskeletal exams with 3D reconstructions; high resolution tomography of the lung; the internal acoustic meatus and the paranasal sinuses; bone tomographic angiography; angiography of the abdominal, renal, carotid, cerebral and lower limb arteries; and virtual colonoscopy.
Doctors - Radiologists